- Total Duration:11 Days
- Best Time:Sept to Nov - March to May
- Max Elevation:4200m
- Trip Grade:Easy, Hard
- Start Point:Kathmandu
- End Point:Kathmandu
- Group Size:2-12
- Transportation:Private Vehicle
- Meals:Full board included
Mardi Himal Trekking is a short trek that is suitable for all age group and fitness level. Mardi Himal Region offers majestic views of Annapurna Mountain, Mardi Mountain and Fishtail Mountain. The trail passes through green forests rich in Himalayan wildlife including National bird of Nepal Lophophorus and wild beasts.
At Alaya Holidays, we follow the same route that is used by locals for their daily use. We will pass through Yak herder’s traditional huts and visit local villages to understand the lifestyle of these friendly locals. Mardi Himal Trekking is a relatively new trek route in Annapurna region, beginning from remote and least crowded, where one can experience authentic lifestyle of this region. Few lodges are available for accommodation in the area, that provide very basic services and yet it offers experience of some of the best trekking routes, far from commercial trekking routes of Annapurna. Mardi Himal Base Camp is located under the Fishtail Peak. Spring (March to April) is the best season for Mardi Himal Trek to witness blooming rhododendron forest in its full glory. Visit to Upper view point which is located above Mardi Himal Base Camp will reward us with incredible views of Annapurna Range. Enjoy the taste of unspoiled culture and villages.
- Day 1Arrival at Kathmandu (1,400m/ 4,600ft)
- Day 2Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Day 3Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820 m/ 2690 ft)
- Day 4Drive to Kande and Trek to Forest Camp (2,540 m/ 8333 ft/ 8-9 hrs)
- Day 5Trek to Low Camp (3,035 m/ 9957 ft/ 4 hrs)
- Day 6Trek to High Camp (3,590 m/ 11778 ft/ 4 hrs)
- Day 7Hike to Upper View Point (4,200 m/ 13779 ft), Back to High Camp 4.5 hrs
- Day 8Trek to Landruk village (1,560 m/ 5,118 ft/6.5 hrs)
- Day 9Trek to Nayapul (1,070 m/ 3510 ft/ 6 hrs ) and Drive to Pokhara (1 hr)
- Day 10Drive/ Flight back to Kathmandu (1,400 m/ 4600 ft/ 7 hrs)
- Day 11International Departure
- Day 1
Arrival at Kathmandu (1,400m/ 4,600ft)
Our representative will be there to welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. You will find him waiting for you with a placard written Alaya Holidays outside the Airport terminal. He will then escort you to the hotel. Once you get refreshed, you will get brief instructions about your itinerary for the trek. Enjoy cultural dinner with dance at a typical Nepali restaurant.
- Day 2
On this day you will be viewing the medieval city Kathmandu with our tour guide. Out of 10 cultural heritage sites declared by UNESCO in Nepal, 7 lie in Kathmandu Valley while 4 of these sites exist in Kathmandu. You will visit Nepal’s largest Buddhist shrine of Bouddhanath, Holy temple of Hindus Pashupatinath, 2,500 years old Buddhist shrine of Swayambhunath and the ancient Royal Palace at Kathmandu Durbar Square. You will get time for trek preparation and shopping in the afternoon.
- Day 3
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820 m/ 2690 ft)
After meeting at Tourist Bus Park at Kantipath, we will drive through scenic Prithivi Highway that is full of exciting greenery of the hills, rice fields, rivers, forest and rustic villages. The clean and green city Pokhara is one of the best holiday destinations of Nepal. Pokhara is located 200 km far from Kathmandu and can be accessed in 5 hrs by a private vehicle. We will visit Phewa Lake in evening for boating and stay overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 4
Drive to Kande and Trek to Forest Camp (2,540 m/ 8333 ft/ 8-9 hrs)
After breakfast, we will drive to Kande, located at the top of a hill. Kande is famous for attractive mountain views. Mardi Himal Trek begins from Kande. We will gradually climb to Pothana by passing through several tiny villages, where the trail stretches further to Pitam Deurali, where we will stop for lunch before heading to Forest camp. The trail for Forest Camp from Deurali continues through oak, maple and rhododendron forest. Forest Camp is a small village which is popular as Kokar among locals and stay overnight at the Forest Camp.
- Day 5
Trek to Low Camp (3,035 m/ 9957 ft/ 4 hrs)
Leaving Forest Camp early in the morning, we will walk through the forest, where you can see rhododendron trees at higher altitude. Enjoy your walk through the quaint place. The path is less steep at the beginning but the slope continues to increase with the increasing altitude. Enjoy the views of Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and other peaks and mountains.
- Day 6
Trek to High Camp (3,590 m/ 11778 ft/ 4 hrs)
Enjoy walking with the Himalayas, as we climb higher. The trail opens to a wide valley with no forest and only grassland. Our journey continues through grassland at high elevation with occasional rhododendron trees where Himalayan birds like Monal and Daphne are a common sight. We will reach at the High Camp where we will stay overnight.
- Day 7
Hike to Upper View Point (4,200 m/ 13779 ft), Back to High Camp 4.5 hrs
We will walk to a nearby ridge for sunrise views early in the morning. Later, we will return to a hotel for breakfast and then hike up to upper view point that allows epic views of surrounding mountains. The path to Upper View Point is marked through grassland and steep sections. You can also see yaks and sheep grazing in the area during summer. And we'll return to High Camp for overnight stay.
- Day 8
Trek to Landruk village (1,560 m/ 5,118 ft/6.5 hrs)
From High camp, we will take a different route to Landruk village. Landruk is a huge village that exists on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. We will arrive at a meeting point where the left path continues to Low Camp while the right path takes us to Landruk via forest, and stay overnight in Landruk village.
- Day 9
Trek to Nayapul (1,070 m/ 3510 ft/ 6 hrs ) and Drive to Pokhara (1 hr)
We will lower down to Modi River. Walking alongside the river, we will pass through series of ups and downs and pass along right edge of Modi River to Birethanti. Modi River meets with Bhurungdi River at this certain place. Our journey then continues to Nayapul where our trek ends, as we catch a bus back to Pokhara.
- Day 10
Drive/ Flight back to Kathmandu (1,400 m/ 4600 ft/ 7 hrs)
We will return back to Kathmandu on this day, either by bus or flight. It takes around 5 hrs to reach Kathmandu by bus or you can board 20 minutes flight back to Kathmandu. You will be dropped to the hotel. Spend the day on your own by relaxing our by shopping in Thamel.
- Day 11
Our representative will drop you at the Airport three hours prior to the scheduled flight. We hope you'll have a memorable time in Nepal, trekking with us and we wish to serve you again.
- Airport pickup and drop in a private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara (Bed and Breakfast)
- Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Entrance fee during the tour
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu transportation
- Pokhara – Kande and Nayapul – Pokhara transportation by private vehicle
- Three Board Meals (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)during trek
- Accommodation on tea houses during trek as per itinerary
- One experienced and government licensed French or English guide
- Required number of other staffs
- Meals, Accommodation, Salary and Insurance of guide and porters
- TIMS and Permit for the trek
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- All paper work and government and local taxes
- All ground transportation in private and comfortable vehicle
- Farewell Dinner by Alaya Holidays
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fees
- Travel, Rescue and medical insurance
- Extra night accomodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal expenses (phone bills, laundry, beverages..., etc.)
- All other cost not mentioned in Cost Include section.