- Total Duration:15 Days
- Best Time:March to May-Sep to Dec
- Max Elevation:3660m
- Trip Grade:Moderate, Hard
- Start Point:Kathmandu
- End Point:Kathmandu
- Group Size:2-12
- Transportation:Private Vehicle
- Meals:Full board during trek / B&B kathmandu & Pokhara
- Day 1Arrival at Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4,600 ft)
- Day 2Sightseeing at Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4600 ft)
- Day 3Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (892 m/ 2926 ft)
- Day 4Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and Trek to Ghandruk (1950 m/ 10331 ft)
- Day 5Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani (2706 m/ 8877 ft)
- Day 6Trek from Tadapni to Bayeli Kharka
- Day 7Trek from Bayeli Kharka to Upper Chistibung
- Day 8Trek from Upper Chistibung to Khopra Ridge
- Day 9Rest day in Khopra Ridge
- Day 10Trek from Khopra Ridge to Swanta Village
- Day 11Trek from Swanta Village to Ghorepani
- Day 12Trek Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3180m) to Hille
- Day 13Trek from Hille to Nayapul via Birethanti and Drive to Pokhara (892 m/ 2926 ft)
- Day 14Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1310 m/ 4297 ft)
- Day 15Departure
- Day 1
Arrival at Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4,600 ft)
Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1400 m/ 4600 ft) and our airport representative or trekking leader will be waiting you there at airport and transfer to hotel, check into the hotel and you can go for a stroll down the street to get familiar with your surroundings, overnight at hotel.
- Day 2
Sightseeing at Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4600 ft)
After having Breakfast hotel in Kathmandu, we take you for full sightseeing tour and you will be escorted by a professional guide and you will visit the Monkey temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple and Bouddhanath Stupa and return to hotel and You will even have sufficient time to buy some trek gear if you need any in Thamel area, overnight at Hotel.
- Day 3
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (892 m/ 2926 ft)
After having early breakfast at hotel, you drive along the scenic Trisuli and Marsyangdi River to reach Pokhara, Pokhara is a tourist's paradise full of natural as well as cultural heritage sites such as lakes, caves, & temples of Buddhist and Hindus along with her lovely mountains; after 6 hours of driving; we will arrive in Pokhara, the city of lakes…check in to the hotel and you will have time to explore the city on your own and overnight at your Hotel.
- Day 4
Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and Trek to Ghandruk (1950 m/ 10331 ft)
After having breakfast at hotel in Pokhara, we will take short drive to Nayapul then start the trek to Ghandruk, The village Ghandruk is a major recruitment centre for the famous Gurkha soldiers and is the hub of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, which promotes many varied ecological projects, and you can see many Himalayas from the village plus and the trek takes about 5 hours and overnight in lodge.
- Day 5
Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani (2706 m/ 8877 ft)
After having breakfast at lodge In Ghandruk, we enjoy astonishing views of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna South, and Hiunchuli Mountains and start trek to Tadapani, almost uphill till the Tadapani village through the forest, reach at village and check in to the lodge, overnight at lodge.
- Day 6
Trek from Tadapni to Bayeli Kharka
After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek leaving the main trail of the Annapurna for the next few days; we begin trek by entering into a beautiful rhododendron and oak forest on an upward trail, Then after a small descent and continue climbing to the shoulder of a hill through a rhododendron forest that is reminiscent of images from Lord of the Rings. We also pass several clearings with abandoned shacks before arriving on a bigger ridge top clearing at Dobato and Bayeli Kharka. From the village, we enjoy arresting views of Mt. Dhaulagiri which is the seventh highest mountain in the world, overnight at community lodge/house.
- Day 7
Trek from Bayeli Kharka to Upper Chistibung
After breakfast at lodge, we start our trek by descending through open ground and beautiful forest to reach the pastures of Lower Chistibung. Then we ascend gradually through a forest before reaching Upper Chistibung which is a temporary herder’s settlement, and If you’re lucky you might even spot the colorful Lophophorus (Danphe), the national bird of Nepal, as well as Himalayan Thar on the grassy ridge high above the trail, overnight at community lodge/house.
- Day 8
Trek from Upper Chistibung to Khopra Ridge
After having breakfast at lodge, we embark on a steady climb above the tree line through alpine meadows and pastures to reach Khopra Danda, as we approach Khopra Ridge; we see the top of Annapurna South. Upon reaching Khopra, we will go for a short walk on Khopra Ridge to a viewpoint overlooking Kali Gandaki river far below in this deepest valley. From Khopra, we also admire the stunning mountain panorama including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna South, overnight at community lodge/lodge.
- Day 9
Rest day in Khopra Ridge
Today we embark on a long journey to Khopra ( Khayer) Lake from where, we attain excellent views of the Fang and surrounding mountains. Considered to be a sacred lake by the Hindus, it is believed that bathing in the lake will help attain Nirvana/Heaven. As Hinduism and Buddhism are intricately related in Nepal, we can even see a number of Hindu and Buddhist shrines on the sides of the lake. For those of us, who do not want to walk all the way to the lake, a half day walk from Khopra can also be arranged, overnight at community lodge/house.
- Day 10
Trek from Khopra Ridge to Swanta Village
After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trek and from Khopra Ridge, we descend off the hillside and continue downhill on a steep trail. Along the way we get more views of Mount Dhaulagiri with the mountain providing a lovely backdrop to the terraced fields and traditional houses in the nearby villages, overnight at Community lodge/house.
- Day 11
Trek from Swanta Village to Ghorepani
After breakfast at the lodge, we start our trek and the trail drops down to Chitre and up to Ghorepani which is popular trekking trail again where you meet other trekkers. Ghorepani is popular spot for trekkers to see beautiful distant views of Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri. Poon hill is another attraction of Ghorepani where most people do sunrise trip which is the best views to all Annapurna from the same spot, overnight at lodge.
- Day 12
Trek Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3180m) to Hille
We will start our trekking with an early morning trip to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise view over Himalayas including Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847 m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091 m.), Annapurna South (7219 m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhre (6993 m.), Annapurna IV (7525 m.), Annapurna II (7937 m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks. We then return to the lodge and have breakfast, we again follow gradual descending path through the forests of rhododendron and oak up to Banthanti. It is a small village where you can haul up for hot and cold drinks, and then the trail descends to Ulleri (1960m.), a big Gurung village where we will enjoy the views of Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli. From here the trail up to Tikhedhunga is steeply descending passing through terraces and some robust villages. After a short walk of 15 minutes from Tikhedhunga we reach Hille, overnight at Lodge.
- Day 13
Trek from Hille to Nayapul via Birethanti and Drive to Pokhara (892 m/ 2926 ft)
Today is the last day of our Trek and it is a pretty easy hike day as well. The trails gradually descend following Bhurung Khola (Bhurung Stream) all the way to Birethanti before we cross the Modi Khola over the suspension bridge a short walk & we reach Nayapul, where our vehicle will be waiting to drive us back to Pokhara 1h30 min overnight at Hotel.
- Day 14
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1310 m/ 4297 ft)
We hope our tourist bus at 7 AM after breakfast to drive to Kathmandu and the driving will be a fantastic experience as we drive past many satellite towns on the way and we are able to see rural settlements, gushing rivers, terraces and green rural landscapes; after 6 hours driving we will arrive Kathmandu and its overnight at your hotel, then we would offer you to have dinner with us for your last night stay in Nepal and talk about your recent trek and rip concludes on this day.
- Day 15
You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure to your loving home. As we have had a pleasure in serving you. Meeting you was an immense pleasure & we do hope you will remember us down the years with memories of the time you’ve spent in this amazing country that’s Nepal. A safe BON VOYAGE home…take care!!!
- Airport pickups in a private vehicle to hotel
- Entrance feees of during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Price valid on a minimum of 2 persons travelling together
- 5 nights' accommodation in Standard hotel Kathmandu & Pokhara on twin sharing basis
- 09 nights' accommodation in the trekking route on twin sharing basis
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person(10 kg per baggage)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Alaya Holidays trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- Sagarmatha National park permits
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Trekkers' Information Management Systems (TIMS)
- Trek Completion certificate
- Farewell dinners by Alaya Holidays in Kathmandu
- Departure to airport
- Nepalese visa fee
- International and Domestic airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due
- to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)