- Total Duration:15 Days
- Best Time:Sept, Oct, Nov, March, April, May
- Max Elevation:5545 m/ 18192 ft
- Trip Grade:Moderate, Hard
- Start Point:kathmandu
- End Point:kathmandu
- Group Size:2-12
- Transportation:Vehicle Private
- Day 1Kathmandu Arrival (1400m)
- Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu (1400m)
- Day 3Kathmandu to Lukla Flight, Trek to Phakding (2651m)
- Day 4Phakding to Namche (3440m)
- Day 5Acclimatization in Namche
- Day 6Namche to Tengboche (3870m)
- Day 7Tengboche to Dingboche (4360m)
- Day 8Dingboche to Lobuche (4940m)
- Day 9Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m) to EBC (5364m), Back to Gorakshep
- Day 10Gorakshep to Kalapattar (5545m) to Pheriche (4288m)
- Day 11Pheriche to Namche (3438m) via Tengboche (3870m)
- Day 12Namche to Lukla (2800m)
- Day 13Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (1400m)
- Day 14Departure
- Day 1
Kathmandu Arrival (1400m)
After landing at the airstrip of Tribhuvan International Airport, you need to move towards a line to let officials perform custom formalities. Upon completion of visa and custom formalities, you will head towards exit of Arrival Hall. Our representative will be waiting for you. Please look for your name in the placard that will be holding by our representative. He will greet you and escort you to the three-star category hotel. Welcome drinks will be served. After refreshment, you will receive briefing regarding your trek. Stay overnight in a hotel.
- Day 2
Sightseeing in Kathmandu (1400m)
This is the day in which you will closely observe the medieval city of Kathmandu by participating in an exciting sightseeing tour. Out of 10 UNESCO sites in Nepal, 7 lies in Kathmandu Valley while 4 of these sites exist in Kathmandu. On this day, you will visit Nepal’s largest Buddhist shrine of Bouddhanath, holiest Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, 2500 years old Buddhist shrine of Swoyambhunath and the ancient Royal Palace at Kathmandu Durbar Square. You will get time for trek preparation and shopping in the afternoon.
- Day 3
Kathmandu to Lukla Flight, Trek to Phakding (2651m)
After breakfast, we will drive to Tribhuvan Airport from where we will catch a morning flight. Taking a pleasant flight along Himalayas, we will reach Tenzing- Hilary Airport in Lukla. After assembling the crew and arranging the baggage, we will begin trek to Everest Base Camp. About 4 hrs of trek will take us through Ghat village to Phakding. We will have a memorable journey along mani walls through culturally rich villages where we will experience deep spiritual awakening as we reach Phakding. Stay overnight at Phakding.
- Day 4
Phakding to Namche (3440m)
We will follow Dudhkoshi River for first couple of hours. Crossing suspension bridge, we will reach small yet exotic Zaputevillage. The trail leads us through settlements at Benkar and Chumoa to arrive at Monjo. At Monjolies the Entrance to Sagarmatha National Park. Once we complete the formalities, we will enter Sagarmatha National Park to witness the vast aura of Himalayan wildlife including Blue Sheep and Yak. Crossing Hillary Bridge, we will make it to Namche, the gateway to Everest region. Enjoy close-up view of Thamserku Mountain and stay overnight in Namche.
- Day 5
Acclimatization in Namche
It is very important to take a day of rest in Namche as it will help our body to get proper acclimatization with the increasing altitude. There are many interesting places in Namche. We can visit ancient Namche Bazaar. Khumjung and Khunde are local villages located near Namche that allow deep insight into local culture. Stay overnight in Namche.
- Day 6
Namche to Tengboche (3870m)
Leaving Namche, we will lower down to Phunki. The trail escalates from Phunki to Tengboche where we will visit Khumbu’s largest Tengboche Monastery. Gate of Tengboche Monastery remains open each day after 3pm. Meet with Lama and learn about the local culture. We can get panoramic views of Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Thamserku mountains from Tengboche.
- Day 7
Tengboche to Dingboche (4360m)
Lowering down from Tengboche, we will cross pine and rhododendron forest. The path allows breath-taking views of Everest and AmaDablam mountains from most of the point. We will reach small highland village of Debuche from where we need to cross Imja River to make it to Pangboche Monastery, the oldest in Khumbu region. Walking through Imja Valley, we will reach Dingboche where we will stay overnight.
- Day 8
Dingboche to Lobuche (4940m)
After breakfast, we will walk through Khumbu River valley. The trail on this day continues through terraced land to Dusa. We will reach Phulung Karpo. Chola Lake exists just above PhulungKarpo. We can get striking view of Pumori Mountain. Crossing the river, we will climb to Dughlaand enjoy views of Nuptse, Cholatse and Thamserku Mountain. We will cross the moraine of Khumbu Glacier to make it to ChupkiLhara that takes us to Lobuche.
- Day 9
Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m) to EBC (5364m), Back to Gorakshep
Following the descending trail, we will reach GorakShep Lake. The trail continues further through Indian Army Mountaineers’ memorials. We need to walk carefully beyond Gorakshep. Increased elevation adds further challenge. Once we reach the base camp of Everest, we can get 360 degree views of Nuptse Mountain, Pumori Mountain and Khumbutse peak. Retrace the route to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
- Day 10
Gorakshep to Kalapattar (5545m) to Pheriche (4288m)
We need to move to Kalapattar for better view of Everest. We will start the trek much early at around 3 am. Our aim will be to reach at Kalapattar for sunrise view over Everest. Enduring the challenges of chill wind, icy path and freezing temperature, we will reach Kalapattar that greets us with views of Lingtren Peak, Changtse Peak and Everest. We will retrace the route to the village of Pheriche for overnight stay.
- Day 11
Pheriche to Namche (3438m) via Tengboche (3870m)
Early in the morning after tea, we will leave the small Sherpa village of Pheriche and follow the lowering path through rhododendron and juniper forest. Moving further, we will walk along DudhKoshi River and enter forest area where we can enjoy watching Himalayan birds including Lophophorus, the national forest of Nepal. The trail continues toSansa village. We will walk further to Tengboche. Crossing DudhKoshi River, we will make it to Namche for overnight stay.
- Day 12
Namche to Lukla (2800m)
From Namche, we will walk through rocky area. The trail continues through a suspension bridge back to Lukla where we will stay overnight.
- Day 13
Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (1400m)
Leaving Everest region, we will take 40 minutes of flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. After arriving at the airport, you will be escorted back to hotel. Take rest and let your muscles stretch.
- Day 14
Our representative will transfer you to Airport three hours prior to the scheduled flight. We hope you had a memorable time in Nepal and we wish to serve you again.
- Airport pickups in a private vehicle to hotel
- Entrance fees of during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Price valid on a minimum of 2 persons travelling together
- 3 nights' accommodation in Standard hotel Kathmandu on twin sharing basis
- 11 nights' accommodation in the trekking route on twin sharing basis
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person(10 kg per baggage)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Domestic flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Flight Tickets (2 ways USD$ 177 for one way & USD$ 354 for round trip)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as
- per the itinerary Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu
- An experienced, French-speaking and government-licensed
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Alaya Holidays trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- Sagarmatha National park permits
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Trekkers' Information Management Systems (TIMS)
- Trek Completion certificate
- farewell dinners by Alaya Holidays in Kathmandu
- Departure to airport
- Nepalese visa fee
- International and Domestic airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early
- arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)