- Total Duration:15 Days
- Best Time:Sept to Nov - March to May
- Max Elevation:4,130 m/ 13,545 ft
- Trip Grade:Moderate, Hard
- Start Point:Kathmandu
- End Point:Kathmandu
- Group Size:2-12
- Transportation:Private Vehicle
- Meals:Full board during trek / B&B Kathmandou & Pokhara
Only a few treks offer variation in altitude as Annapurna Base Camp Trek. You will get so close to 8000 m Mountain and return within 16 days. Annapurna Base Camp Trek route continues through Annapurna Conservation Area, a region rich in biodiversity. You will witness more than 450 species of wildlife including the elusive snow leopard and Lophophorus, National bird of Nepal. The route crisscrosses through many traditional villages of Gurung and Magar ethnics and thus allows great opportunity to observe their culture and traditions. Gurung and Magar’s tribes are known for their bravery and Army service is still the major occupation of these people.
There is also the significant change in topography from meadow to forest to boulders. 360-degree view of mountains is another highlight of Annapurna Base Camp. The Base Camp allows views of Annapurna I (8091m/26545ft), Machapuchare (6993m/22942ft), Hiunchuli (6441m/21131ft) and Annapurna South (7219m/23684ft) mountains. Standard itinerary for Annapurna Base Camp Trekking at Alaya Holidays continue for 15days. However, we believe in personalized trekking and offer a customized package to meet your needs if this itinerary does not suit you. A moderately strenuous activity, people of normal physical fitness can easily participate in this trek.
Entrust the tedious task of making arrangements to the professionals and make your dream adventure in Annapurna come true.
- Day 1Arrival at Kathmandu (1,400 m/ 4600 ft)
- Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4600 ft)
- Day 3Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (915 m/ 3001 ft)
- Day 4Drive to Nayapul, Trek to Ulleri (2070 m/ 6791 ft)
- Day 5Trek to Ghorepani (2850 m/ 9350 ft)
- Day 6Trek to Poon Hill (3210 m/ 10531 ft) and to Tadapani (2660 m/ 8727 ft)
- Day 7Trek to Chhomrong (2020 m/ 6627 ft)
- Day 8Trek to Himalayan Hotel (2920 m/ 9580 ft)
- Day 9Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m/ 13549 ft)
- Day 10Trek to Bamboo forest (2300 m/ 7545 ft)
- Day 11Trek to Jhinuwa (1400 m/ 4593 ft)
- Day 12Trek to Pothana (1900 m/ 6233 ft)
- Day 13Trek to Phedi, Drive to Pokhara (915 m/ 3001 ft)
- Day 14Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1310 m/ 4297 ft)
- Day 15Departure
- Day 1
Arrival at Kathmandu (1,400 m/ 4600 ft)
After landing at Tribhuvan International Airport and finishing the formalities inside. Our representative will be waiting for you with your name in the placard at the exit of the arrival hall. He will be escorting to you to the hotel. After refreshment, you will receive a brief instruction about your trek.
- Day 2
Sightseeing in Kathmandu (1400 m/ 4600 ft)
You will be visiting the medieval town Kathmandu, where lies some of the cultural heritage site declared by UNESCO. Nepal’s largest Buddhist shrine Bouddhanath, Holy temple of Hindus Pashupatinath, 2,500 years old Buddhist shrine Swayambhunath and the ancient Royal Palace at Kathmandu Durbar Square. You will also get time for trek preparation and shopping in the afternoon.
- Day 3
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (915 m/ 3001 ft)
We will meet at the Tourist Bus Park in Kantipath, from where we will begin our journey driving through scenic Prithvi Highway full of beautiful green hills, rice paddy, rivers, forest and rustic villages. The clean and green city Pokhara is one of the best holiday destinations in Nepal located 200km from Kathmandu, which is easily accessible within 5hrs by a private vehicle. We will be visiting Phewa Lake one of the beauty in Pokhara in the evening for boating. And stay overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 4
Drive to Nayapul, Trek to Ulleri (2070 m/ 6791 ft)
Leaving hotel after the morning tea, we will follow the scenic road with amazing view of Annapurna at the backdrop. We will then drive past Lumle village to Nayapul from where Annapurna Base Camp Trek begins. We will walk through tiny villages of Ramgai and Sudame and reach Hile from where we will proceed to Ulleri for overnight stay.
- Day 5
Trek to Ghorepani (2850 m/ 9350 ft)
The trail on this day takes us through forest area. Moving in and out of rhododendron forest, we will reach Deurali. We will continue to climb till we reach Ghorepani which is located at the top of ridge. We can get spectacular views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other mountains from Ghorepani.
- Day 6
Trek to Poon Hill (3210 m/ 10531 ft) and to Tadapani (2660 m/ 8727 ft)
We will wake up at around 4 am and climb for almost an hour to reach Poon hill. This is one of the best destinations in Pokhara for sunrise view. The hill was named after Pun ethnics who live in this place. Along with sunrise view, Poon hill also allows views of Nilgiri, Tukuche, Annapurna Mountain Range and other peaks and mountains. Lower down from Poon hill and return to hotel in Ghorepani for breakfast. From Ghorepani, we will lower down further to Tadapani for overnight stay.
- Day 7
Trek to Chhomrong (2020 m/ 6627 ft)
Leaving Tadapani, we will follow the descending trail that leads through rhododendron forest to Kimrong River. The trail then continues through Gurjung to Chhomrong which is the largest Gurung village of the region and enjoying the view of Mt. Annapurna South, Fishtail Mountain and Hiunchuli Mountain.
- Day 8
Trek to Himalayan Hotel (2920 m/ 9580 ft)
Early morning, we will then descend to Chhomrong River and pass through rhododendron forest where the trail continues to the top of Sinuwa Hill. This is an exciting place to be as it allows soaring view of Annapurna Mountain Range. From Sinuwa Hill, the trail goes down all the way to Upper Modi River Valley. Descending through bamboo forest we'll arrive at Dovan from where the trail continues to Himalaya Hotel. Have a comfortable stay at Himalayan hotel.
- Day 9
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m/ 13549 ft)
We will follow the scenic path through forest and enjoy the view of glacial river. The trail continues further along Hinku Cave before lowering down to river. We will climb through boulders and reach Machapuchare Base Camp from where we will move towards Annapurna Base Camp. The Base Camp of Annapurna greets us with views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and other mountains. Stay overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
- Day 10
Trek to Bamboo forest (2300 m/ 7545 ft)
Anapurna Base Camp is the ultimate destination of this trek. We will enjoy the close-up view of Mt. Annapurna I from the base camp and after that we will return to Machapuchare Base Camp. From the Machapuchare base camp the trail continues through moraine valley and rhododendron forest to Bamboo.
- Day 11
Trek to Jhinuwa (1400 m/ 4593 ft)
After an early morning breakfast, we will descend to Kuldighar and follow the escalating path to Sinuwa Hill. We need to climb this hill before descending to Chhomrong River. The trail continues through Chhomrong village to Jhinuwa. We can take natural bath in hot spring at Jhinuwa which is believed to have medicinal value. Stay overnight at Jhinuwa.
- Day 12
Trek to Pothana (1900 m/ 6233 ft)
We will leave Jhinuwa and walk towards culturally rich Landruk village. The trail splits off from just below Landruk. We will choose the left path that takes us to Pothana where we will stay overnight.
- Day 13
Trek to Phedi, Drive to Pokhara (915 m/ 3001 ft)
Lowering down from Pothana, we will reach Dhampus village. Located at the top of hill, Dhampus allows breath-taking views of snow-clad mountains. We will lower down from Dhampus and arrive at Pothana where Annapurna Base Camp Trek ends. We will drive from Phedi to Pokhara. Stay overnight at Pokhara.
- Day 14
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1310 m/ 4297 ft)
We will return back to Kathmandu on this day, 5hrs of drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. You will be transferred to the hotel with a day off before your flight.
- Day 15
Our representative will drop you at Airport 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight. We hope you will have an unforgettable experience trekking time in Nepal with us. And hope to serve you again.
- Airport to Hotel pick up and drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara (Bed and Breakfast)
- Best available Accommodation during trek
- All meals Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner during trek
- Kathmandu Historical and Cultural Sightseeing Tour
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- An experienced French or English Guide
- Necessary numbers of Trekking staffs
- Alaya Holidays Trekking Bags, T-Shirt and Trekking Maps
- Salary, insurance, food and accommodation of guide and porters
- Medical Kit by Trekking Guide
- Trekking Staff service (2 trekkers: 1 staff for Backpacks)
- TIMS Fees
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Fee
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell Dinner by Alaya Holidays
- All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicles
- International Airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal Expenses (phone bill, laundry, beverages, etc.)
- Extra night accomodation incase of early arrival or late deprature
- Other expenses not mentioned on Cost Include section